How your nurse can help you
A HUTT CITY HEALTH CENTRE nurse can help you with:
- General nursing care
- Dressings and wound care
- Health promotion and wellness assessment
- Diabetic and lifestyle advice
- Smoking cessation
- Chronic disease management
- Long Term Condition Management
- Service to improve access (SIA)
After Hours nursing care
If you need to talk to a nurse outside our normal hours please call 576 2009. The nurse may refer you to the Lower Hutt After Hours Medical Centre 04 567 5345.
Hutt Hospital for emergencies
If this is an emergency or you are suffering from a severe injury please visit the
Hutt Hospital Emergency Department.
Healthline - your free nurse on the phone
The Ministry of Health Healthline is available for general health queries on 0800 611 116.
Call Healthline if you’re:
- feeling unwell – but not sure whether you need to see a doctor
- needing some urgent advice about a family member or friend who’s sick
- on holiday and want to know where the nearest doctor or pharmacy is.
Healthline can also arrange an interpreting service if you want to talk to someone in your own language.